XENON, an algorithm-made jacquard denim setup was also created through a fusion of artificial intelligence, fashion and craft. Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN) learned the countless images of animals floating in cyberspace, and the generated data of "imaginary animal patterns" were woven together on a jacquard loom, which is said to be the origin of computers. What alternative representations are possible when attempting to interpret artificial intelligence and jacquard in the history of the computer?
Aiming to fuse the generativity of artificial intelligence and fashion design creativity, those works explore the concept of "Cyborg-like Body" where bits and atoms, nature and artificiality, are mixed together as "Xenomorphic Algorithmic Chimera". With the accelerated evolution of information technology and bioengineering are becoming awe-inspiring, it shows the possibility of the "Artificial Sublime" in the Anthropocene.
These projects were exhibited at Histopolis: Extinction and Regeneration at the GYRE Gallery in Tokyo.
- Year: 2020
- Project Lead: Kazuya Kawasaki (Synflux)
- Design Lead: Kotaro Sano (Synflux)
- Visual Programing: Ryo Yumoto (Synflux)
- Design Support : HATRA
- Technical Advisor: Kye Shimizu
- Movie Edit: Kotaro Sano (Synflux)
- Music: Ryo Yumoto (Synflux)
- Fukle inc., Okido Weaver.
- Advisor: Yosuke Takahashi, Takayo Iida
- Collaborators: Fukle inc. / Okido Weaver. / Yosuke Takahashi / Takayo Iida